Architectural Site Supervisor for Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. Singapore
If you would like to join the Fortis team, and you fit the qualifications below, please fill out the “Apply Now” box provided.
We are seeking an individual with Architectural technical experience for the position of Architectural Site Supervisor at Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. Singapore operations. The candidate will work directly with the Civil/Structural/Architectural (CSA) Construction Manager and the subcontractors throughout the six-year construction phase of the largest multistory data center in Asia (The Project).
Reporting to the CSA Construction Manager, the candidate will be responsible for coordinating site related works with the Architectural Subcontractors to perform their scope of work in the strictest of compliance to the contract documents. This role is focused on working in the field and will report directly to the CSA Construction Manager. This candidate should understand all aspects of construction in relation to executing work on site.
It is expected the candidate will be a very detailed individual with previous experience working as a Architectural Site Supervisor on data center projects and or other complex technical projects. There will be a significant amount of “hands on” work coordinating in the field with contractors during the installation of all aspects of the project superstructure. The candidate must have strong Emotional Quotient (EQ) skills and be able to relate to and communicate with the client, the Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. team, subcontractors of all tiers, vendors and immediately establish trust and confidence in his/her ability.
Responsibilities Specific to The Corporation:
- Represent Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. in the utmost professional manner while constantly embracing honesty, integrity and truth.
- Comply with Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. anti-graft, non-bribery requirements.
Responsibilities Specific to the Role:
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the contract documents (drawings and specifications), phasing plans, Architectural systems interrelationships, construction sequencing and project schedule.
- Attend daily jobsite safety meetings and perform weekly project safety audits.
- Work with the project safety team to ensure all works are being carried out to the highest levels of safety.
- Coordinate with onsite Resident Technical Officers (RTOs) and Resident Engineers (REs) for all required inspections and work verification.
- Develop look ahead schedules and assist the CSA Construction manager in long range planning.
- Facilitate problem solving, as may arise, between structural, architectural, mechanical, electrical and CSA subcontractors during construction.
- Work closely with the CSA Construction Manager to lead logistics of all installed structural works.
- Working knowledge of architectural systems and how precast, in-situ and structural steel are sequenced in a high-rise construction project.
- Log and post all architectural changes and as-built information on field drawings. Provide such information to VDC team so such information can be incorporated into the final virtual model.
- Ensure all information is current and communicated with architectural/project team.
- Interface with the Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. Owner Furnished Equipment (OFE) manager for all client provided equipment.
- Liaison with the Architectural engineering consultant, supervisory engineers, Inspectors and relevant staff.
- Produce weekly cloud-based QA/QC check for the Architectural scope of work.
- Ensure that Architectural Subcontractors adheres to relevant Quality documentation/records.
- Assist in the testing and commissioning of Architectural equipment.
- Bachelor or associate degree in engineering or related field.
- Must possess BCSS certificate.
- Architectural construction background. Large green field construction is also a plus.
- Experience building data centers or other technically intensive facilities.
- 5 years of Architectural site supervisor experience.
- Architectural engineering working knowledge of plans, engineering drawings, specifications and schematics associated with the mechanical and Structural trades.
- Computer literate. Significant experience with Excel, Word, and other computer-based tools.
- Knowledge of Navisworks or any BIM software would be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Fluent in English.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.