BIM Manager in New Mexico
If you would like to join the Fortis team, and you fit the qualifications below, please fill out the “Apply Now” box provided.
Supports construction and preconstruction operations by applying BIM and VDC technologies to commercial projects. This includes developing construction level 3D models during preconstruction and supporting the project team during construction. The BIM Manager will work directly with several different teams. Candidates will be able to develop 3D construction models from 3D Revit and AutoCAD files. Responsive candidates will have the strong ability to leverage Navisworks to develop accurate and well-coordinated 3D models to be used for estimating, value engineering, clash detection, virtual mock-ups, scheduling, fabrication, and work closely with our engineers to ensure that standards are followed.
- Ability to work in multiple disciplines (Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Architecture, Structural, and Civil).
- Willingness to learn and share with the team in a collaborative environment is a MUST.
- Set up and run BIM kick-off meetings.
- Familiar with AutoCAD and/or Revit – both would be great, but not necessary.
- Must be able to communicate well with others, and meet deadlines.
- Advanced understanding of Navisworks Manage and the clash detection process is essential. Oversee detailers and collaborators from other trades.
- Intermittent and/or short-term travel is a reality and ability to travel is encouraged.
- Must be technologically inclined with a passion to improve personal skillsets and BIM related processes.
- Degree in Architecture or Construction Management minimum
- Minimum of 5 years proven construction or design job experience.
- 2+ years of experience using AutoCAD, Revit highly encouraged.
- 2+ years of Navisworks desired.
- Familiarity with 3D, 4D, 5D technology
- Comfortable in various Autodesk platforms (AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of laser scanning and point cloud technology