Intranet Community Manager
If you would like to join the Fortis team, and you fit the qualifications below, please fill out the “Apply Now” box provided.
The primary goal of the Intranet Community Manager is to create and curate content that informs, connects and empowers Fortis employees. This just isn’t about broadcasting message though. It’s about starting meaningful dialogue, building relationships and translating our company culture into digital form.
As the Intranet Community Manager you are a collaborative and engaging colleague who isn’t afraid to dive in, get your hands dirty and make a difference. You must have a flair for great communication, love social media, are a bit of a techie and have a passion for building lively conversations and engaged employees.
- Cultivate the SharePoint based company intranet into a vibrant and trusted communications platform.
- Develop an intranet editorial, calendar and site strategy that ensures key company messages and strategies break through the noise to reach and resonate with target audiences.
- Plan, write, curate, edit, and distribute daily, weekly, and monthly content (written copy, videos, photos) about a wide range of company topics.
- Contribute ideas and execute improvements to the community design and user experience
- Partner with social media, web, and other internal teams to integrate community content strategy within all aspects of the organization and customer experience
- Maintain knowledge of community content tools; stay current on community content trends and best practices
- Generate regular analytic reports to measure the success and impact of content
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience.
- 2+ years of marketing, communications, or community management experience
- 2+ years of experience creating content for communities or online programs
- Excellent communicator in a variety of formats: written, verbal, in person, and online
- High level of initiative and desire to create a world-class content and user experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of one or more major community platforms or social business software (SharePoint is preferred)
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.