Learning Design Manager in Portland, OR
If you would like to join the Fortis team, and you fit the qualifications below, please fill out the “Apply Now” box provided.
The primary goal of the Learning Design Manager is to help Fortis develop employees for all office and site positions in an efficient and consistent fashion so that they are armed with the skills to perform their jobs.
The learning design manager must be adept at assessing skill development needs across the organization and devising simple and effective solutions. They must be organized and communicate effectively. They must be customer service oriented and build relationships across the organization in order to build a pool of facilitators and subject matter experts.
- Design and develop a variety of instructional materials for traditional instructor-led courses, online programs, web-based learning aids or products, and other programs as needed.
- Facilitate online and in person training for employee onboarding and professional development.
- Manage/Administer company LMS
- Remain aware of all emerging instructional technologies and industry trends and make recommendations about when to adopt certain systems to continue to offer the best learning experience possible.
- Collect and manage client stories/case studies about successes and opportunities for improvement.
- Drive SharePoint adoption and usage from a learning perspective including forum group sharing.
- Track training session attendance
- Create, develop and refine curriculum for all roles
- Manage logistics of training sessions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Adult Learning, Communication, English or equivalent experience
- Prior experience (minimum three years) in a training, instructional design role
- 3-5 years’ experience in online curriculum development
- LMS Administration
- Experience facilitating online and in person training
- Knowledge & application of adult learning principles
- Excellent teamwork/interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to take initiative to identify and solve complex learning issues in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal English language communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to create training processes and documentation
- Demonstrate responsiveness, tact, diplomacy, good judgment, and confidentiality in communications with all levels of personnel, clients, and outside vendors
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Bluebeam (PDFs/forms)
- Exercise strong initiative and solid judgment abilities/skills
- Capable of quickly learning systems, processes, and procedures
- Capable of quickly assimilating technical information and build solutions to the optimal balance of meeting business needs, beating competitors, and operating within financial resource constraints
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.