OFCI Project Engineer in Prineville, OR
If you would like to join the Fortis team, and you fit the qualifications below, please fill out the “Apply Now” box provided.
The OFCI Project Engineer (PE) serves as a coordinating liaison between the client’s Sourcing and Operations Engineering (SOE) procurement group, General Contractor’s OFCI Manager, project subcontractors and Owner furnished contractor installed (OFCI) equipment vendors. The OFCI PE’s primary role is to assist the OFCI Manager and to take the lead with delegated on-site OFCI workflow processes.
Additionally, the OFCI PE will from time to time provide coordinated assistance to the Project OFCI Manager’s responsibilities as they pertain to development of procurement Scopes of Work, project Procurement Log management, vendor communications and coordination, equipment fabrication tracking, scheduling of factory witness testing, delivery scheduling & tracking, change order management, project team meetings, quality assurance, and final on-site commissioning of the owner furnished contractor installed (OFCI) equipment.
A successful Project Engineer must be detail-oriented, innovative, creative, proactive, and be able to manage and resolve conflict. Project Engineers must be able to work collaboratively with project team members and managers and develop and maintain relationships with owners, vendors, suppliers, and other project stakeholders.
- Develop and manage job progress schedules and ensure that the required-on job (ROJ) dates align with master schedule.
- Development and maintenance of Project OFCI procurement log (ProcLog) including tracking equipment deliveries, scheduling, communicating and tracking of factory witness tests in coordination with the client’s Commissioning Authority, Engineers of Record, OFCI Project Manager and MEP project Manager to assist with scheduling and to avoid delays and/or impacts.
- Prepare, review, and distribute OFCI RFIs, submittals, and other contract documents in a timely manner; ensure compliance with the contract documents
- Maintain and distribute OFCI job files (RFIs, specifications, addenda, construction documents etc.) as the project requires, to align all vendor equipment.
- Monitor the delivery of all OFCI equipment items and their related loose-shipped materials ensuring a complete delivery, and recording and reporting any shipping damages, defects, or missing items.
- Coordinate all mechanical and electrical subcontractor activity with respect to receipt of OCFI equipment including but not limited to recording and reporting any shipping damages, defects, or missing items.
- Insure that all equipment receiving information is logged and reported in a timely manner to facilitate SOE’s vendor payment milestones are met.
- Develop and manage the shop drawing review matrix and rolling completion log to maintain vendor commitment dates.
- Hold site OFCI coordination meeting with owner, mechanical and electrical subcontractors, and required personnel to be determined by OFCI Manager. In OFCI meeting, address and monitor all OFCI issues and changes until resolution.
- Experience in the construction industry with related role is preferable, but not necessarily required
- A Bachelor’ degree in a related field is considered beneficial for the role
- Proficiency with a variety of related computer software applications including MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Project, Word) is required. Experience and proficiency with online document management applications (e.g. Procore, Bluebeam) is a strong plus.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.