Owner Furnished Equipment (OFE) Manager for Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. Singapore
If you would like to join the Fortis team, and you fit the qualifications below, please fill out the “Apply Now” box provided.
We are seeking an individual with extremely tenured mechanical and electrical equipment procurement, inspection/acceptance, expediting, installation, commissioning and start up experience for the position of OFE Manager at Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. Singapore (Fortis).
The OFE Manager is responsible for implementation, monitoring, and conformance to Fortis’ and the client’s OFE management system and supporting processes/procedures throughout the organization. The candidate will work directly with Fortis senior site management, engineers/designers, OFE vendors, the client and subcontractors daily.
Reporting to the Sr. Project Manager on site, the OFE Manager will be accountable for implementing Fortis’ OFE program. It is expected the OFE Manager will be a very detailed individual with extensive previous experience working in engineering or highly technical construction roles. The successful OFE Manager must have excellent technical knowledge of complex mechanical and electrical systems. They must also have strong Emotional Quotient (EQ) skills and be able to relate to and communicate with construction workers, Fortis’ client, the Fortis management team and subcontractors of all tiers.
Responsibilities Specific to The Corporation
- Represent Fortis in the utmost professional manner while constantly embracing honesty, integrity and truth.
- Comply with Fortis’ anti-graft, non-bribery requirements.
Responsibilities Specific to the Role
- Work with Fortis’ clients, the engineering team and Fortis’ project team to implement the OFE program on a complex seven-year project.
- Participate with client’s procurement team to procure highly technical mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Develop all non-technical criteria to be included in the client’s equipment tender packages, such as; shipping split requirements, shipment protection requirements, installation requirements, startup spares, permanent spares, installation supervision and commissioning support.
- Participate in vendor site inspections around the globe.
- Participate in FAT’s.
- Monitor vendor fabrication status and report progress.
- Work closely with Fortis’ QA/QC team to ensure all requirements are met by vendors.
- Ensure thorough communication across Fortis, the client, third party inspectors, and commissioning agents is clear, accurate and timely.
- Perform all work according to agreed contractual exhibits and expectations of both the client and Fortis
- Coordinate with other OFE campus leaders in the USA to share information, progress, challenges and solutions.
- Function as support to Fortis MEP team on site.
- Track OFE performance indicators and report on performance to management and other relevant parties.
- Lead the refinement of corporate OFE plans and facilitate the development of OFE plans throughout the company to ensure ongoing continual improvement.
- Facilitate the thorough and timely identification, assessment and control of OFE risks and communicate to all affected parties.
- Development and facilitation of comprehensive OFE Event Reporting and Investigation programs.
- Bachelors and or advanced degrees in the mechanical or electrical engineering field.
- 5 years of experience working in an engineering or technical equipment manufacturing company.
- 10 years of experience managing technical equipment on construction sites.
- Computer literate and quickly able to master new programs, apps and softwares.
- Significant experience with Excel, Word, and cloud-based software systems.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Fluent in English.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.