Preconstruction Manager in Portland, OR
If you would like to join the Fortis team, and you fit the qualifications below, please fill out the “Apply Now” box provided.
The Preconstruction Manager manages the process and resources that provide quality preconstruction services to both internal project team members and external clients. The Preconstruction Manager reviews the progress of existing projects to ensure their completion within the parameters of the established preconstruction services scope.
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction methods practices and project execution including practical knowledge of construction trades
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and flexible interpersonal skills
- Exhibits strong leadership qualities including being able to persevere through challenges and being results-oriented
- Able to consistently meet deadlines while still maintaining excellent detail orientation and quality of work
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients with a customer-focused orientation
- Comfortable prioritizing workloads and assignments
- Develop estimates for projects of all size and complexity for exterior envelope, MEP, civil and structural elements at concept and detailed levels of design
- Develop and review / comment on project purchasing plans and bid packages
- Assist operations leaders and resources in providing input for project schedules
- Coordinate and manage a team of estimators establishing a preconstruction work plan that defines deliverables and responsibilities for assigned estimators
- Confidently present and support our work to internal and external clients
- Manage all aspects of the required preconstruction deliverables to a client
- Lead the review of our work product and insure all deliverables are accurate, complete and well-conceived in content and presentation
- Lead and manage entire preconstruction team consisting of subcontractor engagement, internal estimators, project managers, A/E and consultants, and owner through entire preconstruction phase.
- Navigate and utilize BIM models and effectively use the tools to our advantage
- Bachelor’s Degree – Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or equivalent/applicable degree
- 5 to 10 years of estimating, controls and/or engineering experience
- Proven successful client relationships in the construction industry
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.