Project Accountant for Large Industrial Project in New Mexico
If you would like to join the Fortis team, and you fit the qualifications below, please fill out the “Apply Now” box provided.
Responsible for the preparation of monthly construction draws; payment of invoices; and assistance in preparing subcontractor lien waivers and other related tasks.
- Responsible for the monthly preparation of construction draw requests in accordance with the construction budget. Includes the review of pay application requests received from subcontractors, supplier invoices and coordinate the approval of those items with the Job Site Construction Superintendent and/or Project Manager.
- Preparation of general contractor billings for inclusion in the monthly construction draws.
- Obtain unconditional partial and final lien waivers from all subcontractors and suppliers, prior to disbursing payment.
- Maintain and track all subcontractor and supplier certificates of insurance.
- Interact with subcontractors, suppliers, owner auditors/representatives and manager.
- Ensure timely submissions of invoices into the construction draw and to ensure that proper paperwork procedures are adhered to.
- Close out project accounts upon project completion.
- Follow up on late receivables.
- Evaluate opportunities for maximization of client billings.
- Research and reconcile account variances.
- Compile information to create and submit various reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years accounting experience.
- Experience in construction accounting preferred.
- Demonstrate a proficient skill level with all MS Office products and a high proficiency level with Excel.
- BS in Accounting or related field preferred.
- Enjoys group victories; being part of a team.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well in an environment where deadlines and priorities will change.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and work effectively on multiple tasks in a fast pace, demanding environment.
- Be able to work under pressure in an effective manner.
- Meticulous attention to detail and quality of work.
- Work independently with broad guidelines, able to be self-motivated and manage time effectively.
- Excellent problem resolutions skills; offer insights with resolutions.
- Effectively establish and maintain working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Bluebeam.
- Knowledge of Viewpoint software a plus.