Project Safety Manager for Large Industrial Project in Prineville, OR
If you would like to join the Fortis team, and you fit the qualifications below, please fill out the “Apply Now” box provided.
Establishes and maintains all of the safety elements required to create an injury-free environment on a project jobsite. This individual will provide enthusiastic safety leadership, implement safety programs, inspire and promote a strong safety culture, develop a site specific safety plan, provide site specific safety orientation to over 500+ workers, help manage a team of subcontractor safety professionals and perform weekly audits and daily reviews to ensure that all behaviors and conditions are in a safe state, in compliance with OSHA regulations and with Fortis’ safety requirements. Multiple positions open.
- Develop Site Specific Safety Plan
- Help familiarize Fortis and subcontractor superintendents, project managers and workers with the Fortis safety manual
- Must be familiar with health and safety hazards on construction sites, and with all applicable best practices or OSHA regulations to help prevent those hazards
- Help ensure observation, inspection, anticipation, evaluation and abatement of risks and hazards on an ongoing basis
- Purchase first aid supplies, AED, fire extinguishers, and other supplies needed for project start up.
- Develop and implement emergency response plan for the project
- Develop and deliver the Site Specific Safety Orientation to all personnel on project
- Deliver weekly safety meetings to all personnel onsite
- Review and participate in Pre-Task Planning
- Review and participate in crane lift plans, confined space permits, hot work permits, Method of Procedures for energization, LOTO program
- Facilitate in Root Cause Analysis and investigations on near misses and incidents
- Ensure subcontractors provide their safety programs, JHAs, SDSs, and safety resources to help promote an injury-free environment
- Set project milestones, track and report safety indicators and metrics to project team and owner reps
- Must have 6 to 8 years of experience in construction safety, preferably with some experience in general contractor safety
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in EHS
- Candidates may have OSHA 510 and 511 or a CHST