Project Scheduler for Large Industrial Projects in Prineville, OR and New Mexico
If you would like to join the Fortis team, and you fit the qualifications below, please fill out the “Apply Now” box provided.
Accountable for the development and updating of a campus-wide scheduling program for multiple mission critical projects. Reports to the Sr. Project Manager and works in concert with the Sr. Site Superintendent.
Project Scheduler will be expected to provide hands-on management of the scheduling efforts and provide guidance to other team members interacted with on a daily basis. This individual will be required to interact with the Fortis project team, client teams, subcontractors and vendors.
Must be able to integrate into the owner and Fortis team rapidly and gain their respect and trust quickly. An ability to move fast and quickly make solid strategic and technical decisions on the go is critical for success.
- Technical Mastery of Primavera P6: schedule analysis, variance reports, resource loading, cost loading, etc.
- Mastery of Lean scheduling, tools and techniques.
- Lead scheduling sessions with the Fortis project team, client project teams, subcontractors and other stakeholders.
- Actively participate in weekly pull planning sessions.
- Ability to analyze acceleration options (multiple shifts, weekday OT, weekend OT) to recommend the best cost option and offsetting against risks with different approaches.
- Conduct site walks daily or as needed to accurately understand current stage of construction.
- Monthly cost updates for spends forecasting.
- Experience in construction of a variety of projects, with demonstrated knowledge of basic construction methods and organization.
- Understand how complicated systems go together in order to properly sequence detailed activities and to creatively re-sequence a schedule when conflicts arise.
- Experience must include demonstrated ability to plan, organize, direct, and develop schedules for varied projects and programs, preferably in a construction setting.
- Experience with delay claims and time extension requests and familiarity with various types of schedule analysis.
- Understand the risk management end of schedule management.
- Excellent listening skills and have strong communication skills and the ability to train team members.
- Computer Skills: Proficient in working with p6 Primavera and in Microsoft Office Suite.
- 10+ years of experience as a Project Scheduler.
- A strong work ethic and a “can-do” attitude.
- Ability to travel to site up to 5 days/week or relocate to a city near the project site.