Site HR Manager in New Mexico
If you would like to join the Fortis team, and you fit the qualifications below, please fill out the “Apply Now” box provided.
The primary goal of the site HR Manager is to manage all aspects of Human Resources within one or more job sites, including but not limited to employee relations, talent management, talent acquisition, on boarding and learning.
- Demonstrated knowledge of methods of human resources knowledge and perspectives
- Practical knowledge of construction
- Excellent people skills and the ability to discern performance drivers and motivators
- Excellent communication skills and must work collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation
- Excellent organization skills and can consistently meet deadlines
- Partner with site management to manage and communicate and administer various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Establish and maintain ongoing connections with all project staff (office, field, administrative, and financial), providing feedback to management on issues and concerns with a focus on employee satisfaction and retention
- Advise site management on employment decisions, including hiring, disciplinary, and termination decisions, insuring adherence to company policy and compliance with relevant federal and state laws and regulations.
- Coordinate salary planning and compensation administration; provide guidance to supervisors and managers regarding pay-for-performance philosophy. Review submissions by management and identify pay inequities and anomalies for resolution.
- Identify training needs within the project team. Facilitate and/or provide training to the workforce, including management training.
- Provide guidance on developing career paths and career development opportunities for employees.
- Manage the performance management process, provide constructive guidance and advise site management on issues of consistency and equity in the process and decision making. Actively participate in weekly team meetings.
- Develop and establish programs to enhance employee retention and connection with site leadership, including but not limited to employee surveys, employee focus groups, etc.
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures for continuous improvement in efficiency of the project and services performed.
- Conduct investigations into matters such as allegations of harassment or discrimination.
- A bachelor's degree and three to five years of HR experience, or a master's degree in HR management and two years of experience in the HR field, or seven years of experience in the HR field, or any similar combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communicator and customer-focused mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in both verbal and written communication.
- Attention to detail and solid working knowledge of labor laws.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills with the ability to manage workload independently.
- Ability to travel between sites
- General computer skills (including use of Microsoft Office, Outlook, internet search).
- Ability to negotiate and resolve issues with diplomacy and persuasiveness.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.