Structural Coordinator for Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. Singapore
If you would like to join the Fortis team, and you fit the qualifications below, please fill out the “Apply Now” box provided.
We are seeking an individual with Structural technical experience for the position of Structural Coordinator at Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. Singapore operations. The candidate will work directly with the Structural Construction Manager and the subcontractors throughout the six-year design and construction phase of the largest multistory data center in Asia (The Project).
Reporting to the Structural Construction Manager, the candidate will be accountable for insuring the work required such as submittals, RFI’s, coordination drawings, updating documents, etc are complete, ready and approved for Structural Subcontractors to perform their scope of work in the strictest of compliance to the contract documents. This role is focused on working with the Structural Construction Manager who is managing the Structural Subcontractor field operations and installation details for a large complex data center project, having stringent technical requirements.
It is expected the candidate will be a very detailed individual with previous experience working as an Structural Coordinator on data center projects and or other complex technical projects. There will be a significant amount of “hands on” work coordinating approved design documents and insuring installed work in the field are in compliance with such documents. The candidate must have strong Emotional Quotient (EQ) skills and be able to relate to and communicate with the client, the Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. team, subcontractors of all tiers, vendors and immediately establish trust and confidence in his/her ability.
Responsibilities Specific to The Corporation
- Represent Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. in the utmost professional manner while constantly embracing honesty, integrity and truth.
- Comply with Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. anti-graft, non-bribery requirements.
Responsibilities Specific to the Role
- Work intensively with the Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. Virtual Design & Construction (VDC) team to coordinate all the Structural trade work with other trades.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the contract documents (drawings and specifications), phasing plans, Structural systems interrelationships, construction sequencing and project schedule.
- Facilitate problem solving, as may arise, between structural, architectural, mechanical, electrical and CSA subcontractors during construction.
- Work closely with the Structural Construction Manager to lead the Structural subcontractor installation drawing approval process between the Structural subcontractor, Resident Engineer, Resident Technical Officer, Accredited Checker, and the Local Authority having Jurisdiction, and Assist in the receipt and review of all Structural submittals.
- Log and post all Structural changes and as-built information on field drawings. Provide such information to VDC team so such information can be incorporated into the final virtual model.
- Ensure all information is current and communicated with Structural/project team.
- Interface with the Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. Owner Furnished Equipment (OFE) manager for all client provided equipment.
- Liaison with the Structural engineering consultant, supervisory engineers, Inspectors and relevant staff.
- Implement the Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. cloud-based QA/QC program for the Structural scope of work.
- Ensure that Structural Subcontractors adheres to relevant Quality documentation/records.
- Assist in the testing and commissioning of Structural equipment.
- Must possess BCSS certificate.
- Structural construction background. Precast Construction is also a plus.
- Experience building data centers or other technically intensive facilities.
- Bachelor’s or associate’s degree in engineering or related field.
- Structural and engineering working knowledge of plans, engineering drawings, specifications and schematics associated with the mechanical and Structural trades.
- Computer literate. Significant experience with Excel, Word, and other computer-based tools.
- Knowledge of Navisworks or any BIM software would be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Fluent in English.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.