Superintendent for Night Work in Portland, OR
If you would like to join the Fortis team, and you fit the qualifications below, please fill out the “Apply Now” box provided.
The Superintendent is responsible for planning and scheduling, coordination of all inspections, quality control and assurance, and job-site safety. The Superintendent creates schedules for subcontractors, consultants, and vendors with a clear critical path to ensure timely project completion. Superintendents provide coordination and planning, and ensure quality control for the work being performed at a job site. They also set the tone regarding the creation of a safe working environment.
A successful Superintendent is a self-directed, detail-oriented time manager who is comfortable with complex and/or fast-paced projects. They seek input and collaborate with other project members, and develop and inspire community among PMs, PEs, other superintendents, vendors and consultants. Superintendents must have excellent decision making skills. They must be able to relate to and effectively communicate with many different types of workers. Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential in all areas of interaction. Superintendent should be capable of successfully overseeing a single project on his/her own without support from other Supervisory roles.
- Participate in company proposals and project interviews to provide a clear understanding of project pursuits which will ensure customer satisfaction
- Understand and review all types of construction documents and resolve discrepancies to ensure constructability
- Develop and manage project schedules including four week look-ahead schedules and pull-planning efforts
- Implement plans to ensure all materials, equipment and inspections support the project schedule
- Develop, implement, and manage site logistic plans
- Effectively manage the utilization of Fortis tools and equipment
- Supervise project partners (craft, subcontractors, vendors) and manage and track their task readiness, work progress, and quality of installation.
- Provide high-level management of safety, quality and schedule/risk compliance for the project and team members
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and procedures, means and methods, sequencing, and/or safety protocol.
- Expertise reading blue prints and other construction documents
- 5 or more years of construction experience and a successful track record working with control and integration systems
- 2 or more years of supervisory experience
- Current driver’s license
- Familiar with and proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Excel / Project / Word / Outlook)
- Proficiency with scheduling software platforms, such as MS Project, Primavera P6
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and written with strong use of English language
- Ability to read and/or speak alternative languages (i.e. Spanish) is not required, but is beneficial
- Completion of OSHA 30
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.