Warehouse Technician/Driver in Portland, OR
If you would like to join the Fortis team, and you fit the qualifications below, please fill out the “Apply Now” box provided.
The basic function of the Warehouse Technician/Driver is to assist with all warehouse duties including, tool/equipment maintenance, shipping/receiving, pulling of material to be loaded/unloaded onto trucks for delivery to construction project sites, delivery of equipment and materials to/from job sites. Occasional travel requires overnight lodging.
- Prepares orders by processing requests; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area; loading and unloading trucks; safely securing loads.
- Completes deliveries of equipment and materials by driving truck to and from job sites.
- Perform minor repairs, maintenance checks and cleaning of equipment.
- Maintains appearance of truck and completes daily safety inspections.
- Properly secures equipment on delivery truck for transportation; Safely operates equipment in order to deliver to and from job sites.
- Prepares job site materials for future orders.
- Maintains accurate records for all orders including credit card and other company related expenses.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat; maintains clean shipping supply area; comply with procedures, rules, and regulations. Routinely wears proper safety equipment as required for the task being performed.
- Completes required documentation on transfer requests.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform other duties as may be requested
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- 2+ years of related work experience
- Clean driving record
- Ability to lift 100 pounds repeatedly throughout the day
- Must be willing and able to work in a warehouse and construction job site environment where you may be standing for extended periods of time. May occasionally work outdoors in varying weather conditions.
- Candidates should be reliable and dependable since people and projects are counting on this person to full their duties and responsibilities.
- CDL License is not required prior to starting but candidates must be willing to obtain a CDL within the first 6 months of employment.
- Basic computer literacy with use of MS Office Suite
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Must be able to communicate with staff, clients, vendors and subcontractors.