Commissioning Manager for Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. Singapore
If you would like to join the Fortis team, and you fit the qualifications below, please fill out the “Apply Now” box provided.
We are seeking an individual with extremely tenured commissioning experience in complex technology facilities for the position of Commissioning Manager (CX Mgr.) at Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. Singapore (Fortis). The CX Mgr. is responsible for implementation, monitoring, deployment and conformance to Fortis’ commissioning program guidelines and supporting processes/procedures throughout the organization. The candidate will work directly with Fortis senior management and third party CX consultants.
Reporting to senior management on a specific site, the CX Mgr. will be accountable for implementing and successful execution of Fortis’ corporate commissioning program. The CX Mgr. is the direct supervisor for all commissioning activities on a large seven-year project.
It is expected the CX Mgr. will be a very detailed individual with extensive previous experience commissioning large complex projects such as industrial plants, data centers and pharmaceutical plants working with a major international construction contractor. The successful CX Mgr. must have excellent Emotional Quotient (EQ) skills and be able to relate to and communicate with construction workers, Fortis’ client, the Fortis management team and subcontractors of all tiers.
Responsibilities Specific to The Corporation
- Represent Fortis in the utmost professional manner while constantly embracing honesty, integrity and truth.
- Comply with Fortis’ anti-graft, non-bribery requirements.
Responsibilities Specific to the Role
- Learn and work with the Fortis onsite BIM360 professionals and understand how Fortis’ BIM360, QA/QC and commissioning activities function collectively.
- Work collaboratively with client and client’s commissioning agent to develop and incorporate their requirements into Fortis’ plan.
- Manage Fortis commissioning resources, including direct oversight of the project engineer and MEP superintendents as it pertains to commissioning. Ensure all levels of commissioning are completed & documented properly in accordance with the commissioning plan.
- Work closely with vendors, including attendance of factory witness tests, scheduling vendor technicians for startup, commissioning and other project requirements.
- Prepare commissioning budgets including but not limited to; develop load bank plan, review labor resources both internally as well as subcontractors, review subcontractor commissioning procedures and budgets, etc., compiling all into an overall commissioning budget.
- Identify scope / responsibility matrix required for proper execution of commissioning plan. Work with the Fortis preconstruction team to ensure these scopes are clearly identified in subcontracts prior to issuance.
- Participate is script writing & review process.
Listed below are some of the day to day detail tasks
- Actively participate in all design review meetings, as well as technical related matters that may arise.
- Direct review of all subcontractor developed engineering calculations or designs such as heat calculations.
- Work closely with Fortis onsite MEP team, with attention to technical submittals & RFI’s.
- Work closely with Fortis onsite QA/QC team with focus on all technical QA/QC items.
- Integrate into Fortis Mission Critical team and participate in efforts such as: further development & updates to Fortis CX Best Practices.
- Bachelors and or advanced degrees in a technical engineering field.
- 3 years of experience working for a commissioning agent.
- 10 years of experience working in various construction commissioning roles on site.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the ISO management principles.
- Computer literate in cloud-based systems.
- Significant experience with Excel, Word, and other computer-based tools.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Fluent in English.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.