Health Safety Environmental Director for Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. Singapore
If you would like to join the Fortis team, and you fit the qualifications below, please fill out the “Apply Now” box provided.
We are seeking an individual with extremely tenured health environmental and safety experience for the position of Health Safety Environmental (HSE) Director at Fortis Construction Pte. Ltd. Singapore (Fortis). The HSE Director is responsible for developing, implementation, monitoring, deployment and conformance to Fortis’ HSE management system and supporting processes/procedures throughout the organization. The candidate will work directly with Fortis senior management, HSE consultants, and HSE Sr. managers stationed on site. Reporting to the BOD and Project Directors on specific sites, the HSE Director will be accountable for implementing Fortis’ corporate HSE program. The HSE Director is the direct supervisor for the 'Health & Safety Manager' and 'Environmental Specialist' positions on Fortis sites. It is expected the HSE Director will be a very detailed individual with extensive previous experience working at the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) and as an HSE Director at a major international construction contractor. The successful HSE Director must have excellent Emotional Quotient (EQ) skills and be able to relate to and communicate with construction workers, Fortis’ client, the Fortis management team and subcontractors of all tiers.
Responsibilities Specific to The Corporation
- Represent Fortis in the utmost professional manner while constantly embracing honesty, integrity and truth.
- Comply with Fortis’ anti-graft, non-bribery requirements.
- Represent Fortis as the HSE spokesperson in public forums.
Responsibilities Specific to the Role
- Perform all work according to agreed expectations of both internal and external customers, focus on doing things right first time, every time and contribute actively to continual improvement activities.
- Ensure that HSE leadership remains high on the priorities of management including communication of the HSE policy and applicable HSE standards, procedures and work instructions.
- Support Fortis’ Executive Management in the refinement of a robust HSE culture, and development, implementation and monitoring of the Fortis HSE management system.
- Supervise HSE staff performance and development according to corporate policies and procedures.
- Liaison with MOM as required and representatives of contractors and suppliers to ensure alignment and compliance with Fortis’ expectations.
- Define and track HSE performance indicators and report on performance to management and other relevant parties (including MOM as required), according to established protocols.
- Establish the competence and training expectations for HSE and provide input to HR Training to ensure the appropriate design and delivery of HSE learning programs, including acting as an instructor, as defined appropriate.
- Lead the refinement of corporate HSE plans and facilitate the development of HSE plans throughout the company to ensure ongoing continual improvement.
- Develop and implement the corporate Crisis and Emergency Management Programs including the planning and coordination of drills.
- Define and coordinate the corporate HSE risk management program and supporting tools (within the company Enterprise Risk Management framework), including facilitation of the thorough and timely identification, assessment and control of HSE risks and communicate to all affected parties.
- Communicate HSE related information, including alerts, campaigns, posters, lessons learned, etc.
- Facilitate the thorough and timely identification, assessment and control of HSE risks and communicate to all affected parties.
- Development and facilitation of comprehensive HSE Event Reporting and Investigation programs.
- Coordinate generation, publishing, review and periodic revision/update of controlled HSE documentation, with appropriate collaboration with applicable stakeholder departments.
- Bachelors and or advanced degrees in the HSE education field.
- A NEBOSH International Certificate
- 5 years of experience working for MOM.
- 10 years of experience working in various HSE construction roles on site.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the ISO management principles and the ISO 14001 suite of international standards.
- Certification as a lead inspector/auditor with demonstrable experience in management of HSE audit programs.
- Working knowledge of progressive HSE principles including human factors, industrial psychology as applied to HSE, behavioral safety management principles, etc.
- Computer literate. Significant experience with Excel, Word, and other computer based tools.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Fluent in English
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.