Project Engineer for Projects in Portland OR; the Willamette Valley; New Mexico; and Prineville, OR
If you would like to join the Fortis team, and you fit the qualifications below, please fill out the “Apply Now” box provided.
The Project Engineer serves as liaison between the Client, the Project Manager, and Subcontractors to make sure a construction project proceeds safely, accurately and smoothly. The Project Engineer has a delegated responsibility for those elements of a construction project that bring it from plans to close out. Elements include, but are not limited to document control, submittal management, RFI management, procurement, change order management, contracts administration, issue resolution, safety auditing, and support of field coordination.
A successful Project Engineer must be detail-oriented, innovative, creative, proactive, and be able to manage and resolve conflict. Project Engineers must be able to work collaboratively with project team members and managers and develop and maintain relationships with owners, vendors, suppliers, and other project stakeholders.
- Maintain job files (RFIs, specifications, addenda, construction documents etc.) in both hard and soft copy formats as the project requires
- Prepare, review, and distribute RFIs, submittals, and other contract documents in a timely manner; ensure compliance with the contract documents
- Purchase and monitor the delivery of all needed materials for the project(s) ensuring optimum prices, quality and conformance to specifications
- Execute the project within initial established financial boundaries
- Develop and manage job progress schedules and ensure that the construction of a project parallels the schedule
- Make sure subcontracts are executed and insurance is in place; provide clear definitions of work responsibility to subcontractors and vendors from various trades and ensure that all phases of the work are covered; review and approve subcontractor and vendor payment requests
- Manage the procurement log in coordination with the Project Manager and the Project Superintendent to avoid delays and/or impacts
- Review subcontract and self-perform change orders on the jobsite; perform quantity takeoffs to validate the change requests
- Manage the closeout matrix and rolling completion log; compile operation and maintenance manuals for owner closeout packages
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred
- Experience in the construction industry with related role is preferable, but not required
- Must be proficient with a variety of related computer software applications including MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Project, Word), PDF and estimating and document programs
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.